Private Holy Land Tour
On an 8-day private Holy Land tour, you will see and worship at sacred sites as well as get to know modern Israel. The travel plan below is a suggested tour, ready to be modified to meet your time frame and interests. Your private Holy Land tour is customized for your schedule, budget, and interests.
- Day 1. Arrival at Ben Gurion Airport. VIP transfer to Tel Aviv. Overnight: Tel Aviv.
Day 2. Tel Aviv / Caesarea Maritima / Galilee. Your guide will meet you at the hotel. After breakfast, visit Joppa (Old Jaffa), home of Simon the Tanner. Drive north to Caesarea Maritima. Visit the Roman Theater, Herod’s Palace, the Palace of the Roman Procurator (Apostles 23:23 and Apostles 26:23 – Paul; Apostles 10:20-48 – Peter and Cornelius), the Amphitheater, the Crusaders’ City and Harbor. Drive to Megiddo, named also Armageddon – the place where the last battle of mankind is due to take place (the Apocalypse of St. John) – where we shall visit the Museum and this 5,000 year old city with the Gates from the times of King Solomon, the old Canaanite temples and the water tunnel from the time of King Ahab. Proceed to Nazareth, visiting the Church of Annunciation (Luke 26:28) and Mary’s Well (in the Greek Orthodox Church). Drive on to Cana in the Galilee, site of the First Miracle (John 2:1-11 and John 4:46-54). Sample wines at a boutique winery. Proceed to Tiberias. Overnight: Sea of Galilee, Tiberias
- Day 3. Galilee. After breakfast take a boat ride on the Sea of Galilee, where Jesus walked on the water (Matthew 14:22-23). The ride will end at Ginosar, where we shall visit the Ancient Boat from the time of Jesus that was found nearby. Drive to the Mount of Beatitudes (Matthew 5:7) where we shall visit the heptagonal church that was built by the Italian architect Berluzzi. Proceed to Tabgha, where we shall visit the Church of the Loaves and the Fish (Matthew 14:14-34) and the Church of Mensa Christi, where Jesus elected Peter as His Representative on Earth (John 21). Driving along the north shores of the Sea of Galilee we shall reach Capernaum, the town of Jesus, where he lived in the house of Peter performing from there his miracles and healings (Matthew 4:13, Matthew 8:14-15). Continue to Kursi, site of the Miracle of the Gaderene Swine. Overnight: Sea of Galilee, Tiberias
- Day 4. Mount Tabor / Jordan Valley / Jerusalem. After breakfast depart the hotel. Drive to Yardenit on the shores of the Jordan River and renew Baptismal promises. Continue on to Mount Tabor, the site of Transfiguration, visiting the Catholic Church (Matthew 17:1-8). From the rooftop of the church we can enjoy a beautiful view of the Lower Galilee and the Plain of Jezreel. Stop at a boutique winery to sample local wines. Continue to the baptsim site on the Jordan River where Jesus was baptised by John. Drive via the Jordan Valley and ascend to Jerusalem. Overnight: Jerusalem
- Day 5. Jerusalem – the Old City. After breakfast ascend the Mount of Olives to visit the Chapel of the Ascension (Luke 24:50-53), the Church of the Pater Noster (Luke 11:1-4) and have a wonderful panoramic view of the Old City of Jerusalem, with the Temple Mount. Walking down the Mount of Olives, we shall reach the Church of Dominus Flevit (Luke 19: 41-44) for the visit and proceed to the Garden of Gethsemane, the place where Jesus was arrested (Matthew 26:36-58), to see the old olive trees and visit the Basilica of the Agony. Through the Lion’s Gate we shall walk into the Old City to visit the Church of St. Anne and the Pool of Bethesda (John 5:1-15). Proceed through the Via Dolorosa walking along the Stations of the Cross from the remains of the Antonia to the Church of the Holy Sepulcher. After the visits, walk through the colorful bazaar and return to the hotel. Overnight: Jerusalem
- Day 6. Jerusalem – Jerusalem / Bethlehem. After breakfast drive to Mount Zion to visit the Room of the Last Supper (Cenacle) and the Tomb of King David. Walking through the Jewish Quarter, reach the Wailing Wall – the holiest place for the Jews – and the Dung Gate, to drive through the New City of Jerusalem to Ein Karem to visit the Church of St. John (Luke 1:1-25). Drive to Yad Vashem, the Memorial to the victims of the Holocaust. Visit the Shrine of the Book at the Israel Museum where the Dead Sea Scrolls are displayed and see the scale model of ancient Jerusalem in the time of the Second Temple. Proceed to Bethlehem (security permitting)* to visit the Church of the Nativity (Luke 2:1-7) and Shepherd’s Field (Luke 2:8-20). Overnight: Jerusalem
- Day 7. Masada / Dead Sea After breakfast drive via the Good Samaritan Inn (Luke 8:25-37) to the mountain fortress of Masada, stronghold of the Jews in the war against the Romans. Ascend to the fortress by cable car to visit the palaces of Herod the Great with its Roman baths and pools. Descend for a possible dip” and “float” in the salty water of the Dead Sea, the world’s lowest place. On the way back to Jerusalem, stop in Qumran – the city of the Essenes – where the Dead Sea scrolls were found in a cave by a shepherd. Overnight: Jerusalem
- Day 8. Transfer to Ben Gurion Airport for departure flight.
Experience the hospitality of a kibbutz guest house, relax in a calming spa after a day of Holy Land touring, meet Israelis by staying in a cottage in the Galilee – your choice. Include a visit to a boutique winery and sample Israel’s fine wines. Our licensed English speaking guides provide an unforgettable Holy Land and Israel experience.
Start Your Journey Here by Requesting a Quote